- Currently enrolling boys 7-12 years of age & girls 6-16 years of age
- Child willing to meet with volunteer 2-4 hours per week, 3-4 times per month
- Child needs and wants a mentor
- Parent/Guardian is supportive of their child being involved in the program
- Parent/Guardian willing to attend a "Parent Training"
- Commit to one year participation in the program
- Attend Parent/Guardian and Child interview
- Live in Spokane County
The parent/guardian and the child are required to attend a parent/child interview. The parent/guardian and child are interviewed individually to determine eligibility of the child and to gather/assess information needed to make a successful match. In addition, the parent/guardian will need to attend a "Parent Training" prior to enrollment.
Once our staff has met the parent and child, the child is ready to be matched and waits to hear about a potential volunteer.
The enrollment and matching staff stays in contact with children who are waiting for a volunteer to keep their information as current as possible.